Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Trust by P.J. Adams ~ Review


Trust 


by P.J. Adams


Never trust a man who says, "Trust me."

Love strikes in the most unusual places, but can it really take root in a London criminal underworld threatened by Russian mobsters? And can Jess ever learn to trust a gangster like Dean?

Jess.
It's time for a fresh start. Time to make amends for all the bad things I've done.

The mistakes. All the people I've let down.

But when one good deed exposes betrayals and feuds buried in my family's tragic past it's like pulling at a loose thread. One thing leads to another and then another, and then I'm in too deep and it all leads me to him.

Dean Bailey: part gentleman, part cold-blooded gangster, andnobody's idea of Mr Right.

Dean.
I'm sorted. I'm the man. And I'm ruthless.

She changes everything though. The girl. Jess. She just waltzes in here, poking her nose where it doesn't belong. Some cock and bull story about family connections, but I don't swallow any of that.

She's out to get me but I'm one step ahead. All I have to do is give her a bit of the charm, that disarming grin, and say, "Trust me."

After that she's mine. They always are.






Amazon ~ B&N 


Review:

 Jess goes for a visit to her Grandparents and learns her Grandmother's dementia has progressed and all she talks about is the good ole days with her former fiancee...and true mobster.  Jess tries to make amends for disappearing and getting into trouble after her parents died by visiting the old neighborhood and trying to find the fiancee.

Dean is the Grandson of the fiancee and along with his brothers, is now in charge of the family business. When Jess starts asking too many questions, Dean isn't sure if Jess was sent by a rival to infiltrate or is she truly who she says she is?

In spite of the trust issues, sparks fly between Jess & Dean. Then Jess learns that her parents deaths are not quite was she thought. Can these two get past their issues? Will the rival gang tear them apart? 

Trust was a fantastic story with a few unexpected twists & turns, some really sexy lovin' and a whole lotta London underground!







PJ Adams writes romance and suspense - love stories with a heady mix of dramatic tension and heat, including Black Widow and Winner Takes All.

Working as Polly J Adams, she writes bestselling erotica, relationship stories crammed full of explicit action. Among Polly's most popular work is The Wings of Desire, a series about a young woman's relationship with the wealthy owner of a New England sex club.

Writing under other names, Polly is a successful novelist, with several novels published by major publishing houses and optioned for movies.



No comments:

Post a Comment