Friday, May 29, 2015

Risk It by Jennifer Chance ~ Review

Risk It
A Rule Breakers Novel
by Jennifer Chance
Release date 06/02/2015



Blurb:

As dominating in business as he is in bed, Rand Sterling Winston, IV, always gets what he wants. And even before he realizes that she’s scammed him into paying triple the cost for her friend’s painting, he wants Dani Michaels. To catch her alone, Rand demands she personally deliver his purchase. The attraction between them is immediate and electric, and he knows she feels it, too. So when the part-time petty thief rebuffs his advances, he gives her a choice: a night in jail or an evening with him.

Despite her checkered past, Dani has never met someone like Rand: brooding, intense, and oh-so tempting. Only a man with a broken soul could make losing control feel this dangerous. Still, when Rand proposes a no-strings, no-holds-barred affair, Dani’s more than a little intrigued. It’ll be the trickiest con she’s ever run and a chance to indulge her steamiest fantasies—nothing more. But as their encounters grow increasingly intimate, Dani uncovers a vulnerable side to Rand’s steely exterior . . . and opens her heart to the ultimate risk.



Pre-Order






Review:

I had a difficult time really liking this book. The characters had so much potential to be fabulous, but, I found myself skipping paragraphs through-out the book. I found the story in-cohesive, too much detail added where it wasn't needed and not enough in other places.

IMO, there was more to Rand that could have been explored ~ His past, his relationship with his siblings and father. Basically what made him "tick" , there just wasn't enough info given. Dani really could have been explored more. How did she end up like she was? I just think there could have been so much more to these two. The story, the characters, I could see a better direction for it ~ then again I am a reader and not a writer for a reason.

I really wanted to like this book, I enjoyed Want It ~ Zander & Erin's story, so I was looking forward to reading Risk It. It just didn't do it for me. I would never discourage anyone from reading a book, and maybe it was just me, so give Risk It a try you may find a different outcome than I did.





Author:

* I come by romance honestly, having spent several years writing adult romance and entering romance contests through Romance Writers of America–including finaling twice in the prestigious Golden Heart contest and winning once. But despite these and other contest wins, my first published novel came not in adult romance, but as a writer of YA historical fiction.

Still, despite my love of Elizabethan spies, I could never quite give up those super Alpha contemporary romance heroes. So, in the summer of 2013, I decided to see if perhaps I might still have a romance or two up my sleeve.

I wrote a tale about a girl whose biggest high-school and college crush–a rock star–suddenly becomes her biggest client, only now she has to be professional and not betray the fact that she’s completely in love with the guy. It was a fun, sexy, romantic fantasy, and I suggested the idea to my agent… who asked what other ideas I had in addition to this story. Shortly after, the Rule Breakers series was born.

To separate these books from my historical work, I adopted the name Jennifer Chance. I am now pursuing my dreams (pretty much round the clock as it turns out) and am THRILLED to be able to have four e-books coming out in 2014 and early 2015, all with Random House LoveSwept’s New Adult romance line.

As to what will happen from here, who knows? But as long as there is a story to be written and an HEA to be had, I’ll be the one over in the corner, tapping away on my keyboard.

* From authors website

Author Links:



No comments:

Post a Comment