Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Going Home Again by Carol Cassada-author interview

 
Going Home Again
by Carol Cassada
 
 


Blurb:

Fashion photographer Rachel Mitchell was living the good life in New York; she had everything she ever wanted. However, the death of her mother sends Rachel home to Virginia to be with her family. Upset she seeks comfort from her ex-boyfriend Cole Ashton and they start to reconnect. Their reunion makes Rachel question her life and she’s left with a difficult decision, either stay in New York or start a new life with Cole in Virginia. Which will she choose?





Purchase Links:

 
 
 

I am a book addict is happy to have Carol Cassanda stop by today
 

·         Please tell us a little about yourself.

I live in Virginia with my mom, younger brother, three dogs, and two cats. I’ve been writing professionally for about 5 years. My love of writing began in high school and that’s when I decided to pursue a career as a writer. During my short time writing, I’ve released 5 books, 4 of which are part of a series. I’ve experienced ups and downs throughout my writing career, but looking back at it I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

 

·         What is one thing about you that your readers would find surprising or never guess about you?

From my picture, people assume I’m a nice person and I really am. I’ll help anybody out in a minute. But like all people I can get upset easily, one thing that pisses me off is when somebody messes with me or my family. If they hurt someone I love, then they better watch out because they’re going to get an earful.

 


·         Tell us a little about your latest book?

Going Home Again revolves around Rachel Mitchell; she works as a photographer in New York. She’s happy with her life and following her dreams, but her mother’s death sends her home to Virginia. While she’s home she meets her ex-boyfriend Cole and they become closer. The trip makes Rachel think about the importance of family and it also makes her question changes she needs to make to her life.


·         What’s one thing that you enjoy most about writing? Least?

One thing I enjoy about writing is using my imagination and thinking of new stories. My least favorite thing is editing, that can sometimes be a pain in the butt.


·         How would you describe your writing process?

I’m the type of person who just goes with the flow, if I think of an idea I’ll run with it. I’ll write down the characters and story ideas in a notebook so I won’t forget them, but as far as plotting the whole book on paper I don’t do that. I just let the scenes come to me as I’m writing.

 

·         Who is one your favorite authors that you enjoy reading?

I don’t really have a favorite author, but I do enjoy reading the Ghost of Virginia series by L.B. Taylor Jr.


·         What are you currently working on?

Currently, I’m working on the 5th volume in the Westmore series, which is a romance/soap opera literary saga. I’m planning to release it this year. I’m also working on a paranormal romance involving vampires, plus I’ve got a notebook full of ideas that I eventually want to get to.

 

·         Do you have anything due to release soon?

If all goes according to plan, I’m hoping to release Westmore volume 5 in March.



Quickie Questions

 

·         Milk or Dark chocolate? Milk Chocolate

·         Coffee or tea? Tea, although I’ll drink coffee every once in a while

·         Leather or lace? Lace

·         Hard & Fast or Long & Slow? Hard & Fast

·         Favorite junk food? Peanut Butter M&Ms

·         One thing (object, not people) you can’t live without? My computer because I have all my work stored on there.

·         One unusual item in/on/around your workspace? I have beanie babies on my desk, they give the area a fun and creative vibe.


·         Favorite adult beverage? Margaritas

Here are some places you can find Carol and see what she is up to



 

No comments:

Post a Comment