Thursday, February 25, 2016

An Interview with Roxy Sinclair Co-Author of Trapped in His World ~ A Review


There is no escape... 
I was only supposed to be his replacement secretary for one week. Now he has me trapped in his world of twisted and dark desires. I try to get away and I can’t – but the question is – do I really want to? 

Navia Watson is struggling to survive. She has just left school and can’t hold a steady job. Just when she feels that there is no hope, her best friend makes her an offer that she can’t refuse. All she has to do is be a temporary stand in secretary for her friend’s position as the secretary for some billionaire for only a week. One week for some quick cash – how hard can it be? She is in for the surprise of her life when she walks into Jason Black’s office. The dark, sexy billionaire quickly pulls her into his web, one that she can’t unravel herself from. His piercing eyes call to her very soul and the darkness lurking in their depths entices her. 

She suspects that the man is dangerous, but she could never have imagined the depth of the mysteries surrounding him. By the time Navia discovers his true nature, it’s too late for her salvation. Even if is she could leave him, there’s no way he will let her go. She is his and she is not sure she really wants to get away. 

This is a dark romance novella with NO cliffhanger. Intended for audiences 18+ and not for the fainthearted. Contains situations some readers might find objectionable.
Review:

Please be aware that Trapped in His World is a dark novella and may not be to everyone's liking. That being said I am a tiny bit torn on my feelings for the book. I understand it is a novella (69 pages) and a writer cannot fit everything that needs to be said in that short amount of writing. To me the characters were pretty well developed, especially Navia, But Jason wasn't quite there. The whys & wherefores of his personality didn't come until the very end. I think if I knew more about why he was like he was in the beginning of the story, I would have given the review 5 "keys"

Navia is a shy young woman who is also a bit down on her luck in the job dept. until her best friend suggests that she covers for her while on her honeymoon. At the wedding, Navia has a brief encounter with a mysterious dark man who turns out to be the man she will be working for temporarily. Jason takes an immediate liking to Navia and can't get her out of his head. They begin a very intense sexual relationship where Jason is so overpowering & Navia is so insecure and shy... can this relationship become more?

In the end, Navia becomes more out spoken and Jason "calms down" a bit so they sort of balance each other out and made the story better. If you are looking for a quick & sexy read that takes a walk on the dark side....then Trapped in his World is the book for you!





A quick chat with Author Rocky Sinclair

Please tell us a little about yourself…. 
I currently live in New York City. I went to college at NYU, and now I work for an investment company in human relations, but I really want to be able to fulfill my dreams and work full time as an author. 
I write mainly in the romantic suspense genre, which includes bad boys, as well as dark romances and stepbrother romances. I also write action packed romances and mafia romances. 

How/when did you decide to write? 
I decided to write back in high school when I was on the school newspaper. I realized I loved writing but was too scared to pursue it back then. 

What is one thing about you that your readers would find surprising or never guess about you? 
That I am one of the shyest people you will meet! Even if I don’t come across like that based off my writing. 

Tell us a little about your latest book/release/WIP? 
My latest book being released this week is called Entitled: A Bad Boy Romance. I have co-written it with Danielle Slater. It’s about Devlin, a bad boy, and Ayron, the woman he meets. She can’t fall in love with him, but at the same time, can’t let him find out who she really is. Ayron of course does not meet him by chance—she was hired to watch over and counsel Devlin. And all of this was orchestrated by none other than Devlin’s father! 

What’s one thing that you enjoy most about writing? Least? 
I like being able to create new characters and provide emotion in a story. It makes the reader feel like they are right there beside them (or in their heads, depending on the point of view). The thing I enjoy the least is waiting for readers’ reactions to my book. It’s just so scary to experience! 

Who is one of your favorite authors that you enjoy reading? 
I love reading Stephen King—a man who needs no introduction. I love his story telling abilities. I want to be able to get there. Maybe one day I will! 
  
Quickie Questions 

Milk or Dark chocolate? 
Milk chocolate for sure 

Coffee or tea? 
Neither! I Only drink water. 

Leather or lace? 
Lace 

Hard & Fast or Long & Slow? 
Long and Slow 

Favorite junk food? 
Oreos—those things are SO addicting! 

One thing (object, not people) you can’t live without? 
My laptop—don’t know where I would be without it. 

One unusual item in/on/around your workspace? 
Dwight bobblehead from The Office. Whenever I think I can’t do something, I make his head bob usually in an up and down fashion and it motivates me even more. 
  
Favorite adult beverage? 
Malibu rum!





Author:

Roxy Sinclaire writes steamy, suspenseful romantic stories as the main genre, and this includes a variety of different topics. Some of these include dark romances, action packed romances, mafia romances, and many more. She currently works in customer relations in New York City, but is trying to fulfill her passion in writing and eventually have her dream job become a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment