Saturday, June 16, 2012

More reviews!!!



Let Me In By Callie Croix






Blurb: On leave for Thanksgiving, the last thing marine lieutenant Talia Barnett expects to find is Liam Brodie waiting for her at the airport. He’s had a starring role in her fantasies for the past two years, and although she’d love to make them a reality, she has a dark secret that prevents her from taking things further.

A former Marine, Liam’s specialty is planning tactical operations, and that’s just what he plans to do to win Talia. The woman has kept him at arm’s length for too long, and this time he’s finally going to claim her—body and heart.

What begins as comfort quickly turns hot. When Liam shows Talia a hint of the dominant nature inside him, the submissive part of her flares to life. Though she desires him, she’s going back on deployment and doesn’t want to dump all her drama on him. Will he find a way to break through the protective walls around her heart and convince her they have a future that goes far beyond the bedroom?




This novella sucked me in and wouldn't let me go until I finished the whole thing!

I truly became emotionally attached to Talia & Liam.

In the beginning of the story, Liam's sister, Angie says to Liam...

"Tone down the alpha-male-on-the-hunt routine. God, could you at least be a little bit more subtle? She's one of my best friends, and you're staring at her like a starving wolf"

I felt that stare while reading and wanted it focused on me! I wanted to be the wolf's desert! Liam "reads" Talia very well. I like it when the man in the story "gets" the woman, and isn't stumbling around trying to figure her out. Maybe it's because they have an established friendship, I am not sure, but these two work very well as a couple. I understood Talia's embarrassment over her secret and thought that Liam handled the situation perfectly. I loved this book so much that I had to go back & reread the connected book, No Holds Barred.

*Review copy obtained from publisher through NetGalley







Party Of Three by Daire St Denis









Blurb: Determined to end a long dry spell, Tina is thwarted by her best friend, Des, who scares off the only eligible guy at their party. But Des more than makes up for it when she and her boyfriend, Josh, invite Tina to their own intimate celebration. The encounter awakens cravings Tina didn’t even know she had. She’s intrigued when the couple asks her to join them for two days of sun, sand and steamy sex in Santa Barbara. She should say no. But she doesn’t…

The erotic weekend is beyond amazing. But there’s something deeper developing between the trio—something Tina is not yet ready to explore. After all, their party of three can’t last forever—can it?




I picked this book to read because most of the menage books I have read previously have been MMF and this one was MFF, I thought, oohh something different. Well, it was different. The basis of the story, the menage between Des & Josh (the established couple) and Des' best friend Tina, was good. I thought it was decently written, especially the awkwardness between the three in the very begining. It was the sub-plot about Kenton that I just didn't get. The two parts just didn't mesh for me. If the sub-plot was in a different story, then yes, I could maybe understand it better. I just didn't think it worked as one. Daire St Claire is a new to me author, and I will give her another try in the future.

*Review copy obtained from publisher through NetGalley

No comments:

Post a Comment