Thursday, December 22, 2011

Happy Holidays!!!

Happy Holidays
Merry Christmas
Happy Hanukkah
Happy & Healthy New Year!!!!

Busy time of the year for all, i imagine. I know it's been crazy for me!
Not much time to read at all :(
But, more time to spend with the family, and that goes a long way.

For the past few weeks we have decorated the entire house-inside & out. The kids each got to decorate their own trees. A few years back I bought each of them a small 3 ft tree so they could each have one for their own rooms and add whatever they wanted to them.
I was secretly hoping they would then let Mom decorate the big tree all on her own. You see, I am OCD when it comes to decorating the tree. Ornaments, lights, etc have to be perfectly placed and co-ordinated or I end up having panic attacks (not really, but I try to convince the kids of this)
Every year I have a theme for my tree. usually it's a color theme. Back in 2009, our tree stood 9 ft tall,  it was in a stand that couldn't hold it and it fell over on Christmas eve. I lost many of my favorite ornaments that year. It has taken me 2 years but I have replaced what I could of those blue ornaments and now the tree has my favorite color theme again.

BLUE/ ICICLE


To celebrate my favorite theme this year I entered my tree into a contest being held by the Tree Farm where we order ours from every year.
YES! I did say order, every year for the past 10 years or so, we order our fralsam tree from
They cut our tree & within 24 hrs, box it up & send it to us via Fed Ex
(yup! Fed Ex delivers our tree)

So now I am campaigning for votes on my tree.
Please follow the link below and "like" my (Kerry Fraser-Pacious) tree??!
The contest ends at 5pm Friday 12/23.
Whomever gets the most "likes" wins a free tree next year!

Vote Here

What are some of your favorite Holiday traditions ?
Do you have any unusual traditions, like my kids having their own trees?
I hope everyone has  safe, healthy, happy holidays
Kerry

4 comments:

  1. My favorite holiday tradition is putting up the tree. We usually do it on my birthday weekend. We blast Christmas music and decorate to our heart's content.

    I'm a new follower. I found you through Book Blogs. http://kellyhashway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following Kelly! We have 2 family members with December Birthdays. I love blasting my Christmas CD's too

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely Tree... I have had my annual holiday party for my neices and nephews and now this is my time to enjoy watching my fav Christmas movies and ready my fav books...

    ReplyDelete