Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Darkest Before Dawn: KGI Series by Maya Banks ~ Review





The Kelly Group International (KGI): A super-elite, top secret, family-run business.
Qualifications: High intelligence, rock-hard body, military background.
Mission: Hostage/kidnap victim recovery. Intelligence gathering. Handling jobs the U.S. government can’t...

The enigmatic Hancock has been both opponent and ally to the KGI teams for as long as they've known him. Always working a deep game, Hancock's true allegiance has never been apparent, but one thing is for certain—he never lets anything get in the way of duty.

But now, his absolute belief in the primacy of his ultimate goal is challenged by a captive he's been ordered to guard, no matter how much she suffers in her prison. She's the only woman who's ever managed to penetrate the rigid walls surrounding his icy heart, but will he allow his perplexing feelings for the beautiful victim to destroy a mission he's spent years working to complete or will he be forced to sacrifice her for “the greater good.”








Review:

For those of us that are KGI "groupies" we have been waiting for Hancock's story for sometime now ~ And let me tell you *doing Snoopy dance* that I was so excited to be able to read it before it was released!

Guy Hancock isn't really one of the "good guys" he isn't really one of the "bad guys", Hancock walks a very fine line right on the border of both. He is former special ops and now works as a contractor for whoever will hire him & his team. He & his team got themselves hired by Bristow, a lower end bad guy, with the hopes to use Bristow to get at the highest of bad guys ~ Maksimov. 

Honor Cambridge comes from a privileged background and works as a relief worker in some of the scariest parts of the world. Honor barely escapes from an attack on the facility where she is working. Only by using her knowledge and stubbornness does she manage to evade those out to finish what they started. 

Through a turn of events, Hancock and his team are sent to find & capture Honor for Bristow, who in turn will use her to move up the ladder in Maksimov's organization. Hancock wants to use Honor to get at Maksimov. After finding Honor, Hancock refuses to let on to her his real intentions. The longer they are in each others presence, the faster the walls around Hancock's heart are being torn down. 

During an incident, Hancock gets hurt and his team puts a call in to the only people they know could help finish the job ~ KGI

The action, the suspense, the edge of your seat story! I LOVED Darkest Before Dawn! One of my most favorite KGI books to date!





Author Info:

*My name is Maya Banks and I live in Texas with my husband and three children and our assortment of pets. I’m more of a cat person, but my daughter became convinced she NEEDED a dog. So convinced in fact that it became her mission to convince her father and me. She prepared a two page handwritten proposal that detailed WHY she needed a dog, and well, after I sent her to her father (I knew he wouldn’t tell her no) we embarked on the search for the perfect dog. The journey that was two hours away and that I got pulled over for speeding while I was on the phone with my agent who had an offer from a publisher for one of my books… The officer wasn’t impressed. He wrote me a ticket anyway. Thus, I now tell my daughter that her dog turned into one very expensive concession! But isn’t he cute?
When I’m not writing, I love to hunt and fish with my family. We all love the outdoors and go on family hunting trips every year. We also love to travel. One of our more recent trips was to Scotland, which was every bit as comical as National Lampoon’s European Vacation. You know the part about “Look kids, Big Ben, Parliament” as they went round and round the roundabouts? Yeah, that was us, only we couldn’t even get out of the airport in Glasgow without hitting three of those suckers.
Perhaps the most rewarding aspect of a writing career is getting to meet so many wonderful readers. There’s nothing better than dishing books with someone who loves the romance genre as much as I do. Romance readers are passionate and vocal. We love our books, love our happily ever afters, and we love to spend time talking to others about our favorites. THIS is why I love my job so much, and I’m so grateful to readers who gave ME a chance when I began my career. So thank you.
* From Maya's website

Author Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment