Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Happy Release Day! Extreme Pursuit: Chasing Justice 2 by Alex Kingwell ~ Review

Extreme Pursuit
Chasing Justice #2
by Alex Kingwell




Nicky Bosko barely remembers the mother who abandoned her twenty years ago. But when her mother's long-buried remains are discovered, the authorities suspect murder-and turn to Nicky for help. Putting her trust in the magnetic detective who wants to explore her memories of the past, Nicky is desperate to learn the truth.


Cullen Fraser knows the odds against solving a case as cold as this one. Yet the brutal killing of a woman deserves justice. As he begins to unravel a web of lies, it becomes clear that Nicky is in danger and that his need to protect her goes far beyond duty. But before he can even think of a future with her, he must keep her safe from the betrayals of her past . .









Review:

Extreme Pursuit is book #2 in the Chasing Justice series but can be read as a stand-alone. 

How shocking it must be to live your life one way and then to find out something completely different! Nicky lived for years with anger at the thought that her mother just abandoned her and her family until she is contacted by Detective Cullen Fraser with the news that they found the remains of her mother. 

For the first few chapters, I was unsure how I felt about the heroine, Nicky seemed kinda whiny and a bit childlike in the sense that she constantly referred all things to her father or sister. "ask my sister" " my father would know" etc. There was a point in the story where she ran off "half cocked" into a dangerous situation and i found it to be too much for me to believe.

The story line itself was really good - I like the premise behind it, but, I found myself so annoyed with the character Nicky, that it just didn't hold my attention very well. I did finish the book and it came to the right conclusion with an HEA ~ I will just leave it as not quite my cup of tea.









An award-winning writer of romantic suspense, Alex Kingwell is a former newspaper reporter, columnist and editor who much prefers spending her days making stories up. When she's not writing or stuck with her head in a book, Alex can be found running with her dog, obsessing over tribal textiles or watching offbeat movies with her husband (not necessarily in that order). She lives on the Canadian Prairies.



No comments:

Post a Comment